Para Los Niños Charter Elementary School is founded on the belief that every child has the potential to reach high standards of achievement, to ask good questions and to think critically. Sensitive to the value of a student’s primary language in the learning process, Para Los Niños’ instructional program uses primary language as the building block for literacy, while building English Language skills and conceptual understanding in the content areas of mathematics, science, social studies and the arts. Our goal is that by 5th grade students will be bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
Para Los Niños Charter Elementary School is not only a safe haven for our city’s most at-risk children, but it is a portal for children to discover a world of learning and a sense of hope. It is the purpose of the school to provide a comprehensive approach to education that not only focuses on academic achievement but also meets the individual student’s emotional, social and psychological needs.
All families have access to Para Los Niños’ comprehensive family support and After-school services. Hard-working parents know that their children are receiving the highest-quality care for up to eleven full hours a day. This generous schedule allows parents to work or attend school, and ensures that children are not left alone in the crucial after-school hours.
For more information about the Para Los Niños Charter Elementary School, please contact Office Manager, Laura Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our After-school Program
The Para Los Niños After-School program serves Kinder to 7th grade students at our Charter Elementary School and Charter Middle School. Our program is designed to provide all students with a safe and engaging environment. All of our after-school activities support the general education core curriculum with academic enrichment activities to reinforce and enhance student achievement.
Our goal is to improve the academic performance and scholastic success of students in the program by providing high-quality academic programming after school. To meet this goal, the program offers homework support, academic learning centers, recreation, enrichment activities, and linkages to other community partners to provide students with access arts, music and other educational enrichment activities.
A charter school is a public school that may be organized by a community-based organization, and granted a charter by the local school district. It may provide instruction in grades K-12.
- Please click here to view the Local Control and Accountability Plan and Annual Update Template (2016-2017).
- Please click here to view the 2016/2017 Parent Handbook (English)
- Please click here to view the 2016/2017 Parent Handbook (Spanish)
- Please click here to view the School Calendar (2016-2017).
- Please click here to view Admission Requirements (2017-2018).
- Please click here to view Enrollment Lottery Form (2017-2018).
- Please click here to view School Accountability Report Card (2014-2015).
- Please click here to view our Local School Wellness Policy.
- Please click here to view the Charter Elementary School Petition January 2012.
- Please click here to view the 2015/2016 Education Protection Account (EPA) Actuals and click here to view the Board Resolution approving the plan.
- Please click here to view the LEA Plan Title III Goal 2.
- Please click here to view the school’s library application.
Mac Users: If you experience broken links on our website, please clear your browser’s cache.